There is not much text on the presentation, but the flow goes as follows:
- Shared a little about how Gateway classroom experience is different than the AP labs that most of the rest of the participants were familiar with.
- Showed how the visit from Dr. Nalini provided Gateway students with experiences that broke monotony of a regular day.
- Explained the goal was to move students up a level in learning progressions with a focus on Nitrogen matter in fertilizer and how it enters the atmosphere if not used by plants
- Wisconsin Fast Plants will be used for an investigation on the variable amounts of fertilizer that can be used for growing plants.
- Students will be able to visit GLBRC site to see variable use of fertilizer on plots...make observations and compare.
- Research scientists from KBS will demonstrate how greenhouse gasses are collected and evaluated
- Students will use the "data nugget" model to compare the output of carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide in the GLBRC plots.